Did you know the best way to take care of your smile is to brush your teeth twice a day? It’s true! Proper oral health hygiene goes a long way in your oral health care, yet people still seem to skip this simple task creating severe oral health painful and costly consequences long-term. Luckily, our dentist, Dr. Linda King with Sweet Spot Smiles in Locust Grove, Georgia, is here to talk to you about the best way to care for your teeth and ideal brushing facts.
These ideal brushing tips to care for your teeth include:
– Try to clean between your teeth with a reliable and sturdy toothbrush twice per day. A typical brushing activity should last 2 to 3 minutes.
– If your brush is showing any signs of wear, it will need to be replaced. Usually, brushes should be replaced every 3 to 5 months.
– The proper angle to brush your teeth is by holding your brush vertical for your front teeth and then a 45° angle for all the rest.
– Never let anyone else use your toothbrush, even family members.
– It is important to keep your tongue clean. You can either use your toothbrush or a tongue scraper.
– Soft-bristled toothbrushes are helpful for avoiding dental abrasion.
As you can see, these tips work together to take the best care possible for your teeth, and overall oral health. If you have questions about your teeth, or if you need to see a dentist, please feel free to give us a call at 770-285-2864 to set up a consultation with a member of our friendly and professional dental team. Our team is always happy to address your concerns and help you and your oral health in any way we can.