Just like general dental treatments, cosmetic dentistry is focused on treating individual needs and smile goals. At Sweet Spot Smiles, Dr. Linda King and our team take time to listen to your concerns and desires because we want you to feel confident in your smile. To help you learn more about cosmetic dentistry in Locust Grove, Georgia, we have provided answers to some of the most frequently asked questions. If you have additional questions, please call us at 770-285-2864, and one of our friendly team members will be happy to help you.
WHAT IS COSMETIC DENTISTRY, AND HOW DOES IT DIFFER FROM GENERAL DENTISTRY?
Cosmetic dentistry is a combination of both art and science to provide patients with healthier, more attractive smiles. Unlike general dentistry, which focuses on maintaining your oral health, cosmetic dentistry works to improve your smile’s overall appearance.
Common cosmetic dental treatments include:
- Teeth whitening
- Contouring/tooth reshaping
- Dental bonding
- Dental bridges
- Dental implants
- Tooth-colored dental fillings
- Smile makeovers
WHY SHOULD I SEE A COSMETIC DENTIST?
Most treatments included in cosmetic dentistry are not a part of the curriculum for general dentists. A cosmetic dentist undergoes additional training in specific procedures that focus on improving your smile. From crooked and gapped to misshapen or discolored teeth, a cosmetic dentist can treat an individual tooth or your entire smile to give you the smile of your dreams.
HOW LONG WILL EACH COSMETIC TREATMENT TAKE?
Every smile is unique, and so are your smile goals. Because of this, each treatment is different. Based on your goals and desires, your treatment could be completed in one visit or in a few.
WILL MY INSURANCE COVER COSMETIC DENTAL CARE?
The division between insurance coverage and out-of-pocket payments vary per treatment and per dentist. At Sweet Spot Smiles, we provide a wide range of financial options to cover your treatments. We will also work with you to ensure that you receive maximum benefits from your insurance plan. You can rest assured that you will know all treatment costs up-front so you can make the best decision.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR TEETH WHITENING?
Those who are the best candidates for professional teeth whitening are those who:
- Have good oral health
- Maintain good, consistent oral hygiene habits, such as brushing and flossing their teeth and regularly visiting the dentist
- Have slightly yellowed or discolored teeth
- Want to improve the appearance of their smile
- Have good overall health
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF TEETH WHITENING?
Professional teeth whitening is a highly effective and safe treatment that typically does not have any side effects. Some patients may experience minor side effects, including:
- An increase in tooth sensitivity for a few days after treatment. This can be a result of any whitening treatment, although nighttime whitening trays are the most common cause.
- Occasional irritated gums. This can be a result of any whitening treatment, but the most common cause is nighttime whitening trays.
- White spots on the tooth’s treated surface. This is most often a result of at-home whitening treatments.